Friday, August 12, 2011

Mommy update

I started back at school this summer.  I am going to pursue an Office Administration degree.  I took two 8 week classes-Introduction to Business and Essentials of Business Correspondence.  They were both online classes.  I struggled in my Intro to Business class, but I ended up with a 'B' at the end of the summer.  Essentials of Business Correspondence was basically a grammar course.  It was much easier than I anticipated!  I ended up with an 'A' in that class.  I was very pleased with myself at the end of the semester.  I did well in school, kept things running at home, worked part time, and somehow managed to keep most of my sanity!  I really did feel like supermom!  I am taking 3 classes in the fall-Financial Accounting, Managing Personal Fiances, and Presentation Graphics.  They are all online also.  This semester will be more of a struggle...not only will we be adding a newborn to the family, we will be moving, and Nick has decided to go to college!  He is taking 3 classes this semester as well.  He has decided to pursue a degree in Criminal Justice.  

I also decided to try to get a Medical Assisting outpatient insurance coding technical certificate.  My hope is once I obtain that, I will be able to get a job where I can work from home doing medical billing and coding.  We'll see how that all works out though!  

Now for the baby news!  I went to the doctor on Tuesday.  I have been having contractions, some of them pretty strong, just nothing regular, so I had her examine me.  She said I was about 1 cm and not thinned out much.  For those who don't know what that means...I need to be 10 cm and 100% effaced, or thinned out.  So, I have a long way to go!  She said I have at least one more doctor's visit left.  As of today, Friday, I am 37 weeks and 2 days, so I have a little less than 3 weeks left until I'm due. It's getting extremely difficult to change diapers and keep up with the kids with the contractions I've been having!  I'm going to try to get a lot of walking in this weekend and lots of spicy foods!  Any other suggestions?!  :)  I go back to the doctor on Tuesday, so I will have an update sometime late next week!  Until then, have a wonderful weekend!!


1 comment:

andamaeckerba said...

So happy for you about the good grades... Sounds like you and Nick are going to be very busy. =)