 |
| I couldn't get Xander to stand in the picture! |
I usually let the kids choose who they want to be for halloween. This year, it came as no great surprise that Michael wanted to be Batman and Lily wanted to be Wonder Woman. Ever since they got the Justice League movie, they play superheros...Lily is always Wonder Woman. Michael is always Batman. Catherine is always Hawkgirl. And they decided Xander is the Green Lantern. It took Catherine some convincing to be Hawkgirl. She wanted to go as Rapunzel, but I like things to match, so I convinced her to be Hawkgirl. To compromise, I told her she could have a Rapunzel birthday party!
I told myself I was going to save myself the hassle and just buy their costumes this year, but I couldn't find costumes in all the right sizes. After looking at the characters again, I realized it wouldn't be too hard to do them myself. I pretty much had to just make the masks! I was going to do an iron on for Wonder Woman's shirt, but it didn't turn out, so I resorted to buying a Wonder Woman shirt. I bought all the clothes, but they can be worn again, so it wasn't a "wasted" purchase. I bought Batman's cape and mask also, but Michael will wear those all the time! All in all, I think the costumes were a success!
 |
| Hawkgirl from the Justice League |
 |
| Batman, from the Justice League |
 |
| Wonder Woman, from the Justice League |
 |
| Green Lantern, from the Justice League |
We went trick-or-treating with my friend, Jenna, and her two kids. She has a little boy, Max, who is between Lily and Michael and a little girl, Annie, who is between Catherine and Xander. The kids LOVE playing with Max and Annie! They had a blast trick-or-treating with them! We were out for about an hour, which was plenty!
 |
Spiderman (Max), Wonder Woman (Lily), Batman (Michael), Green Lantern (Xander), Hawkgirl (Catherine)
Ice Cream Cone (Annie) |
 |
| Michael, Max, and Lily at the first house |
 |
| Catherine and Annie at the first house |
They had a lot of fun! Michael, at bedtime last night, asked if we could do it again! Nick told them they could eat candy all day today! That will make for a very interesting day! Thankfully, he doesn't have to work today!
Hope you all had a Happy and safe Halloween!
God Bless †
2 comments:
Wow! You really did a good job with the costumes.
Awesome costumes.
Post a Comment