Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Getting ready for Christmas

 The first snow after Thanksgiving, Nick decided to put the tree up.  We have an artificial tree that we've put up for the past 5 years.  Hopefully we can get a new one after Christmas!  Nick strung the lights and the kids got to put their ornaments on the tree!  This is the first year we've done ornaments because we didn't really have enough to put on before this year.  Each year for Christmas my mom and brother each get the kids an ornament, so they have quite a collection!  

Xander was more interested in the snow falling outside than decorating the tree!



I also bought some small stockings for the kids.  The reindeer head is what my family used to hang our stockings on.


We didn't put lights up outside this year, but I'm hoping we can get a few put up this week inside the living room.  

The kids are really excited for Santa to come!  Since we had Lily, Christmas has a whole new meaning!  I am so blessed with a wonderful, hard-working. loving husband and five beautiful, healthy children.  I thank God everyday for them.  Thank you all for your love and support this past year.  It has been another rough year, but thankfully we made survived!  We hope you all have a wonderful, blessed Christmas and holiday season!

Love, 
Nick and Rita
Lillian, Michael, Catherine, Xander, and Vanessa



1 comment:

heidiandsteve said...

Beautiful tree and family. I like that you're keeping up the tradition of hanging stockings on the reindeer antlers. This is the first time I've seen that. Our tradition is opening advent calendars with a chocolate behind each window. Nick used to get one each year from me when he was growing up. Lots of love to you all and a blessed 2010.