Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Fun in the Sun

(These pictures aren't all from the same day)

Now that we have a backyard, we can finally put up our pool! It's an inflatable pool, but it's big enough for the all the kids to play in. We bought it on sale a few years ago. It's been at my in-laws and the kids have played in it at their house, but it's so nice to have it in our backyard! I don't have to pack up the kids and make sure I have towels and swim diapers and sunscreen. 

Xander won't go in...yet. I am determined to get him in there before the summer is over!


I bought the kids, and Nick, some squirt guns this summer too. The kids LOVE them. It's pretty entertaining! Hopefully I can get video of them playing with their guns, but I'm not counting on it because they like to get momma too!


They love their pool! I don't have bath or pool toys, so they play with their sand toys :)


It's been kind of a rough summer for them because it's been too hot to play outside. They stand at the back door and ask to play outside and it breaks my heart to have to say no, but it was just too hot to go outside! I've been trying really hard to make this a fun summer for them, but the heat held me back a little!


Even with the heat, Nick's been working some really long days! We try to get the most of our time with him on the weekends, when he has the weekend off! He's been working a lot of hours! But the kids are so excited when he comes home! 


It's hard to believe school starts in less than a week! We've had such a busy summer! I know it's only going to get busier the older the kids get! I am hoping to get Lily and Michael into teeball/baseball in Hoagland next summer. These are the things I've been looking forward to though! I part of me is excited to be running here and there for sporting events and extracurriculars. It may sound a little odd and I know I won't always feel that way, but the kids are getting to that age where they want to do more activities and they are old enough to start doing more activities and sports. 


It's been a great summer and I am so thankful that we were able to move into a bigger house, with a bigger yard and nicer neighbors. 


No comments: