Lillian and Catherine got to have a sleepover with Aunt Rosie July 28, so I decided Michael and I would do something fun that night. I was going to take him to Putt-Putt, but the place was packed! So, I decided to take him to Baskin-Robbins for some ice cream. I got a coupon for a free scoop of ice cream for my birthday and since I don't need the ice cream, I let Michael pick out his scoop of ice cream.
It was a quick date, but a little one on one time is better than none! He had a lot of fun. He got to stay up late and got ice cream. That's the nice thing about the kids at this age, that's all they really need. I don't have to spend a lot of money to make wonderful memories like this.
When I was a kid, my Uncle Paul would take us to Monroeville to the Whippy Dip. Those are some of my most precious memories of my childhood and I hope my kids cherish these memories as much as I cherish mine


No comments:
Post a Comment