Lily was on spring break this past week. I wanted to do something different and fun with them. Since there isn't much to do here in Fort Wayne, I decided to take the kids to Indianapolis. We left Thursday morning around 9a. We only had to make two potty breaks and one detour (thank goodness for GPS)! We got to the Indianapolis Zoo around 11a. We ate lunch in the van and got inside the zoo around 11:30. We walked around the zoo for a few hours. We met up with my brother, Christopher and hung out with him for awhile. I had a really hard time getting the kid to leave! After we left Christopher's house, we went to my Uncle Bob and Aunt Heather's house in Noblesville to visit with them. We ate dinner with them and got to visit. It was such a nice trip! We headed home around 6:30p. We only had to make one stop on the way home! The annoying thing was it was 20 miles south of Fort Wayne! I would have preferred to drive the rest of the way, but Vanessa was hungry and Michael and Catherine had to go to the bathroom. We made it though!
I don't always enjoy taking the kids on trips by myself. It is extremely exhausting! But the kids had so much fun it makes it all worth it!
 |
| waiting to see the walrus |
No comments:
Post a Comment