Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Lily's first dentist appt!

Lily had her first dentist appointment this afternoon!  She did AWESOME!  I had all of the kids with me, so she went back all by herself.  When I worked at the Y, I worked with a dental assistant and she told me the appointments go better if the parents wait in the waiting room anyway.  I let her take her Brittany doll back with her, just in case.  She was pretty worried all afternoon.  I explained to her what the hygienist and dentist were going to and why.  She was still a little nervous when we got there, but they called her back and she did great!  I didn't hear a cry from her at all!  They said her teeth look good, no cavities!  I got to see her x-rays and you can see her permanent teeth underneath her baby teeth.  It was kinda cool! 

Michael and Catherine wanted to get their teeth looked at too!  Thankfully I have had no problems getting the kids to see the doctor and I think the same will go for the dentist! 

Lily just needs an eye exam and she is all set for kindergarten next year!! 

1 comment:

Ellen Becker said...

My goodness! Doesn't seem possible.